Sunday, October 16, 2005

Doing Good to All

Galatians 6:1-10

1. Brothers, if someone is caught in a sin, you who are spiritual should restore him gently. But watch yourself, or you also may be tempted.

2. Carry each other's burdens, and in this way you will fulfill the law of Christ.

3. If anyone thinks he is something when he is nothing, he deceives himself.

4. Each one should test his own actions. Then he can take pride in himself, without comparing himself to somebody else,

5. for each one should carry his own load.

6. Anyone who receives instruction in the word must share all good things with his instructor.

7. Do not be deceived: God cannot be mocked. A man reaps what he sows.

8. The one who sows to please his sinful nature, from that nature [a] will reap destruction; the one who sows to please the Spirit, from the Spirit will reap eternal life.

9. Let us not become weary in doing good, for at the proper time we will reap a harvest if we do not give up.

10. Therefore, as we have opportunity, let us do good to all people, especially to those who belong to the family of believers.

Footnotes:

[a] Galatians 6:8 Or his flesh, from the flesh

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
A Note to my Readers (if I have any)

I'm sorry for not posting something every day in the past few days. I am going through some deep depression, and it is hard for me to be motivated to do anything.

I feel weird asking this for myself but don't know where else to turn.
Please pray for me if you read this. I need all the prayer I can get. The depression stems from lonliness and the fear of always being single and alone. It helps not at all to be in a group of people, it actualy makes it worse. I see what others have, a spouse, family, happiness. I don't feel I will ever have those things. I am feeling that it would just be better to go to sleep and not wake up. I know I shouldn't feel that way, but have NO Hope at all. I can't see anything good happening to me except if Jesus came back in my life time. Please put me in your prayers.
My name is Erin. Thank You.

God Bless You and Yours -
Countess

2 comments:

ukok said...

Praying for you.

God Bless!

Unknown said...

Erin
Matthew 7: 7-11

7.Ask and it shall be given you,seek,and ye shall find;knock,and it shall be opened to you
8.For every one that seeketh receiveth;and he that seeketh findeth;and to him that knocketh, it shall be open.
9.Or what man is thereof you,whome if his son ask bread, will give him a stone?
10.Or if he ask a fish, will he give him a serpent?
11.If ye then,being evil,know how to give good gifts unto your children,how much more shall your Father which is in heaven give good things to them that ask him?

Thomas<><