Wednesday, October 12, 2005

Psalm 23

A psalm of David.

1 The LORD is my shepherd, I shall not be in want.

2 He makes me lie down in green pastures, he leads me beside quiet waters,

3 he restores my soul. He guides me in paths of righteousness for his name's sake.

4 Even though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, [a] I will fear no evil, for you are with me; your rod and your staff, they comfort me.

5 You prepare a table before me in the presence of my enemies. You anoint my head with oil; my cup overflows.

6 Surely goodness and love will follow me all the days of my life, and I will dwell in the house of the LORD forever.

Footnotes:

[a] Psalm 23:4 Or through the darkest valley

God Bless You & Yours -
Countess

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I started typing another passage for you, got half way through it, and hit some key that erased it. So I will give the passage toyou and your readers and it can be looked up. I am tired and need rest, that is why I am not going to try and type it oit again
John 10:10-14

If some would like to know the context from which this passage comes, they could start on verse 6 .

May the Lord bless you,amd make his countanance fall upon you, and may the wind be allways to your back and road allways rise to meet your feet