Peter and John Before the Sanhedrin
He is Risen
1. The priests and the captain of the temple guard and the Sadducees came up to Peter and John while they were speaking to the people.
2. They were greatly disturbed because the apostles were teaching the people and proclaiming in Jesus the resurrection of the dead.
3. They seized Peter and John, and because it was evening, they put them in jail until the next day.
4. But many who heard the message believed, and the number of men grew to about five thousand.
5. The next day the rulers, elders and teachers of the law met in Jerusalem.
6. Annas the high priest was there, and so were Caiaphas, John, Alexander and the other men of the high priest's family.
7. They had Peter and John brought before them and began to question them: "By what power or what name did you do this?"
8. Then Peter, filled with the Holy Spirit, said to them: "Rulers and elders of the people!
9. If we are being called to account today for an act of kindness shown to a cripple and are asked how he was healed,
10. then know this, you and all the people of Israel: It is by the name of Jesus Christ of Nazareth, whom you crucified but whom God raised from the dead, that this man stands before you healed.
11. He is
"the stone you builders rejected,
which has become the capstone." [a] [b]
12. "Salvation is found in no one else, for there is no other name under heaven given to men by which we must be saved."
[a] Acts 4:11 Or cornerstone
[b] Acts 4:11 Psalm 118:22
God Bless You & Yours-