Saturday, November 12, 2005

Giving to the Needy


Matt 6:1-4

1. "Be careful not to do your 'acts of righteousness' before men, to be seen by them. If you do, you will have no reward from your Father in heaven.

2. "So when you give to the needy, do not announce it with trumpets, as the hypocrites do in the synagogues and on the streets, to be honored by men. I tell you the truth, they have received their reward in full.

3. But when you give to the needy, do not let your left hand know what your right hand is doing,

4. so that your giving may be in secret. Then your Father, who sees what is done in secret, will reward you.

This passage about Giving to the Needy comes right before the passage on Prayer I posted yesterday. Read this one, and then read the one on Prayer below.

For those of you surfing on BlogAzoo, here is a
Gazoo <<--- for you.
This is what the word Gazoo makes me think of.
I will be hosting Gazoos regularly, so come back again! If you didn't know yet a Gazoo gives you some free credits if you are a member of BlogAzoo!

God Bless You & Yours-
Countess

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Countess
Too many times we make a big deal out of how much we give to the church, or to this charity or that, and do all we can to draw attention to that fact; much like the welthy men in the tempel that made a great florish and noise of their money going into the box for the tithes, and then the widow came and gave but a pinny! Jesus asked his deciples, which of the two gave the most!I don't think they expected the answer he gave, because he said that the rich man gave from his abundance, and had his reward! (others saw him and heard him)While the widow gave ALL she had!
We must always do that which we can to help those who are in need, but not to the point of drawing attention to ourselves, but to give God the honor! That which we give, was His to start with!

Luminous (\ô/) Luciano™ said...

This blog is improving by leaps and bounds! WOW - I am so impressed! Of course, you hit the ground running, with your own template and that awesome picture as your main theme and backdrop...!

The Word, of course, is the entire backbone of this blog - and you are doing a splendid job of underlining just the judicious passages - and the visuals you incorporate are right on the mark as well!

You could put together an Illustrated Bible in no time at all like this!

Congrats and Many Blessings!

Countess Demetria said...

Thomas,

Thank you for reminding us of the story of the woman and her one penny. That is a very good story. We should learn from her!

You always have such encouraging as well as things to learn, and remember from the Bible!

Thanks my friend!
((HUGS)


Luciano,

Thank you so much for the wonderful complements on this blog!
I am so glad you like Heavenly Inspirations. I have tried to make this a blog that othes would enjoy reading. It surely has helped me as I read more and more of the Bible than ever before!
You are an inspiration to me in my life as well as my faith. I Thank God for you my friend!

God Bless You (\ô/) Luce!
((HUGE HUGS))
Countess