Suffering for Doing Good
1 Peter 3:8-16
8. Finally, all of you, live in harmony with one another; be sympathetic, love as brothers, be compassionate and humble.
9. Do not repay evil with evil or insult with insult, but with blessing, because to this you were called so that you may inherit a blessing.
"Whoever would love life
and see good days
must keep his tongue from evil
and his lips from deceitful speech.
11. He must turn from evil and do good;
he must seek peace and pursue it.
12. For the eyes of the Lord are on the righteous
and his ears are attentive to their prayer,
but the face of the Lord is against those who do evil."[a]
13. Who is going to harm you if you are eager to do good?
14. But even if you should suffer for what is right, you are blessed.
"Do not fear what they fear[b]; do not be frightened."[c]
15. But in your hearts set apart Christ as Lord. Always be prepared to give an answer to everyone who asks you to give the reason for the hope that you have. But do this with gentleness and respect,
16. keeping a clear conscience, so that those who speak maliciously against your good behavior in Christ may be ashamed of their slander.
[a] 1 Peter 3:12 Psalm 34:12-16
[b] 1 Peter 3:14 Or not fear their threats
[c] 1 Peter 3:14 Isaiah 8:12
God Bless You & Yours-