Tuesday, February 27, 2007

The Preacher's Visit - A funny joke


Even Jesus Laughed

Sarah hadn't been to church lately, so her minister thought he'd go pay her a visit and see how the 85 year old church matriarch was doing. He knocked on her door and after a time he heard her spirited voice holler "Hello, who is it?"

"It's Reverend Dave", he answered.
"OH Hi-Come in, Come in, how's the church doing?" She said.

"Great! The Smith's had their little baby girl, and Mary and Tom got married- Everything is wonderful. But I just wanted to see how you are doing. We've missed you."

"Well, I haven't been feeling too well lately. I had quite the root canal last week- they are trying to save the few survivors."

Just then the phone rang and she excused herself to get it. The minister sat near a table with an old reader's digest and a bowl of peanuts. After a few minutes passed,he started flipping through the magazine. After another ten minutes or so, he heard his stomach growl and began to get restless,so he started in on the bowl of peanut while he read. After a while,he suddenly realized that he had eaten the whole bowl of peanuts.

Just then Sarah returned and said, "Oh I sure am sorry, that was my sister from Pittsburgh. She only calls once per month so when she does we have to catch up on everything." The minister, feeling a little embarrassed, said "I must also apologize. While you were gone I got hungry and ate all the peanuts in your little bowl there.

Mrs. Jones replied, "Oh that's ok. Since the root canal, the best I
can do is suck all the chocolate off of 'em!"



I wanted to bring you something funny this time. I hope you enjoy it, and it brings a smile to your face or hopefully a laugh.

God Bless You All!

Erin

2 comments:

Sam Oracle said...

This is really funny.
Good Job Countess.
Itz me sparklingoracle, your friend on yahoo 360
360.yahoo.com/sparkontherock

Countess Demetria said...

Thank you for your comment Oracle.
It is good to hear from you. My internet has been down for over a month now. :( I hope to get back on the internet soon.

Erin